BasementGamers Warhammer 40k Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Space marine unit..

2 posters

Go down

Chaos Space marine unit.. Empty Chaos Space marine unit..

Post  Zarel Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 am

So I have a little dillema. I have built many diffrent types of armies now and I cannot seem to get a good thought on CSM marines. I mean they are cheap and you can load 2 heavy weapons on a unit of 10 but is that enough? One thing I do use them for is Troop choice which helps me take objectives and you are also able to be a little flixible with them and equip them with a Icon.

So a couple of questions I would like some help clearing up.
Why not just use Plague marines that get fearless, Blight grenades, and 2 meltas instead of getting a unit of Chaos space marines with the mark of Nurgle?

Most of the other units which are themed for all the marks of chaos and each individually get the bonus of their mark. Why not just go with their special load out? The points pretty much add up.
Zarel
Zarel
Admin
Admin

http://basementgamers.freezoka.net

Back to top Go down

Chaos Space marine unit.. Empty Re: Chaos Space marine unit..

Post  Pooflinger_legit Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 am

Plague Marines are better in every respect... except for points. Points are important.

Another thing.. CSM can take a heavy weapon such and not limited to Lascannon and Autocannon. Transport killers.

I play codex marines and the ability to take a heavy weapons in generic troops is absolutely priceless. Nothing like taking out a 200+pt storm raven with a 10pt lascannon or insta-gibbing a chaos sorcerer from missile launcher.

Plagues are much better math wise. Plagues are scarier as far as playing wise. But CSM do pose a hidden threat possibility. A 10 wound lascannon is a pain in the ass (although expensive). The unit offers versatility as well.

Good CC. Meltagun. Powerfist. Armored (rhino). And if it holds still missile/lascannon/autocannon shot. Lesser points. Overall not a bad choice at all. They are opportunistic and versatile, which in my mind (as my tactical squads) makes them a necessity... but then again you do have Zerkers... and those guys spank ass.

Last edited by Pooflinger_legit on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : goof)
Pooflinger_legit
Pooflinger_legit
6+ save
6+ save

Back to top Go down