BasementGamers Warhammer 40k Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Oblits

4 posters

Go down

Chaos Oblits Empty Chaos Oblits

Post  Zarel Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:39 am

So i have beeb reading some things online about some builds and ive seen some people using 2+ squads of oblits. Now i could see this in a 1750+ pt army but 1500 pts? I believe its too exspensive. any thoughts?
Addding to this i just wanted to mention that Obliterators are definitly worth their points in almost any amount of points. They are so versitile because of being able to change their gun every turn which makes them feared to almost all armies. Sure you can insta kill them but for their range, saves, and fire power you cannot go wrong. I recommend that you spend the points for them!

Last edited by Zarel on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Zarel
Zarel
Admin
Admin

http://basementgamers.freezoka.net

Back to top Go down

Chaos Oblits Empty Re: Chaos Oblits

Post  Kursid Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 am

i know you normally run 3 oblits in a single unit. but what if you split the unit and added one more so you have two units with two oblits in each one. this would allow you to spread the love around the battle field a lot easier and for only an extra 75 points. One other idea if you split them and put them at opposite ends of your line your opponent has to pick which set he is going to focus on. This could potentially open up a side armor or rear armor shot on his vehicles. just my $0.02
Kursid
Kursid

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarel Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am

Not a bad idea. I just do not have the extra oblit. i was thinking of putting them all 3 in a seperate unit individually. what do you think?
Zarel
Zarel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kursid Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 pm

if you do not intend to field any other heavy choices that could totally work. Now keep in mind that means no land raider aka Abbadons Cadillac to cart him and his retinue of Zerkers around in which you seem to be a fan of.
Kursid
Kursid

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarel Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Kursid wrote:if you do not intend to field any other heavy choices that could totally work. Now keep in mind that means no land raider aka Abbadons Cadillac to cart him and his retinue of Zerkers around in which you seem to be a fan of.

Well I could dedicate it to a termie squad !!! MAUAHAHAHAHAHA Twisted Evil
Zarel
Zarel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MAGiM Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:31 pm

If someone has two units of Oblits of either 2 or 3 each, why would you need more heavy. I am sure the fire power would be cool but wouldn't you want to ring the fight to them? Feild some FA (whatever that may be) and protect the Obilts from being a target. If they don't take care of the Oblit then you have something their face.
MAGiM
MAGiM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarel Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:34 am

Well you are right to a point. Usually i would probably take Chosen CSM to protect them and having a land raider in the army would be WAY exspensive but just having all that fire power would be AWESOME!
Zarel
Zarel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pooflinger_legit Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:41 am

if you have the free hvy support slots, ALWAYS seperate them. Divided shots allow you to target multiple units. Also if a Tri-Las Predator shoots at them, he can at max kill 1.

I do this with my speeders. 1 speeder per slot unless i have another fast attack taken, then i will double up.

2 seperate units of obilts allows you to "spread the love" but also recieve "less love" from you opponent.

If you have the slots, DO IT. if you dont, don't worry about it, as you probably have enough back up to supplement a lost oblits unit.
Pooflinger_legit
Pooflinger_legit
6+ save
6+ save

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down