BasementGamers Warhammer 40k Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you beat leaf blower?

2 posters

Go down

How do you beat leaf blower? Empty How do you beat leaf blower?

Post  MAGiM Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 pm

IG, i have a new respect for them. (Not really) Those 'uny gits gots too much dakka. Leaf blower is a good build...great build and i have faced something simular. Of course i have lost that battle...twice. I want to know is how does someone beat it. What did or going to do in order to turn the tide. I have a few ideas of my own but i would like to hear your ideas.

The question is "How do you beat leaf blower?"
MAGiM
MAGiM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do you beat leaf blower? Empty Re: How do you beat leaf blower?

Post  Greyhand Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 am

Having faced down the IG a good...4 or 5 times now and died each and every time, Horribly i might add. I think what it requires is a fast attack based army, someone who can get in close and take away the IG's range. If you can get something in there like a Dreadnought, or any assault heavy unit you can keep the IG pretty well tied up. The problem so far is getting to them. I believe the Infiltrate rule will definately be a helpful item indeed. come in from behind the lines and take out the artillery, taking out the IG's major edge.
Greyhand
Greyhand
VIP
VIP

http://verkiel.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MAGiM Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:47 pm

When I have faced the near "leaf blower" army I used a few units to bring the fight them quickly. It was some time ago but i beleive it was something like this.

1x Big Mek SAG
60 Orks W/ Nob PK
2 12 Orks W/Pk Shootas loaded on Trukks
10 Vulcha Squad W/
10 Commandos Snikrot & Graz to boot
8 Nobs and a painboy

I beleive it came to a 1750pt army but i was able to destroy all but 2 tanks and his Vendetta. Even though I lost with only 27 Orks and a Nob/Pk on a annialation game. I was extremely happy with the immobilised shot i made with a slugga. That alone was a win for me. I will attempt to recreate this army and re-post the correct one but i beleive this was it.
MAGiM
MAGiM
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down