BasementGamers Warhammer 40k Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can Tau beat Blood Angels?

4 posters

Go down

How can Tau beat Blood Angels? Empty How can Tau beat Blood Angels?

Post  Archon Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Ok, I don't even care about winning. How about "be competitive against"?
Primarily the jump troop spam BS.
I'm looking to just not get swept.
Archon
Archon
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

How can Tau beat Blood Angels? Empty Re: How can Tau beat Blood Angels?

Post  Pooflinger_legit Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 am

As a space marine's player I can say soundly that what we fear is a lot of shots. Nevermind ap (especially when it comes to jumps as they are standard 3+ save) Lay the shots.

Put a troop of fire warriors at the front that the troops can reach, because although they will die in CC something more important will happen. Your tau will die in your opponents assault phase (shitty yes, but a necessity) but then you should have 2 - 3 troop of fire warriors that can move up and to rapid fire unto said SM troop.

Fire warriors on average will shoot 20 - 24 times, hit 10 - 12 and wound 6 - 7 marines. 2 - 3. 2 - 3 marines will die per fire warrior unit. Lay the shots, and have some kroot to charge in to tie them up during their shooting/assault phase then rinse and repeat.

This should apply to all space marines troops (jump and the like). Jumps are a real threat to you as they do have a longer assault range (which is very bad). If you can take advantage of terrain (so they have to make dangerouse terrain checks) you should. Otherwise you're boned.

My advice: Rows of fire warriors. Front row dies (as expected) next 2 - 3 rows or fire warriors shoot killing 6 - 9 marines, and then one less marine troop choice to worry about. Just my thoughts. I know what I fear, and it not the broadsides, it is the 20+ shots of STR 5 attacks... ouch.
Pooflinger_legit
Pooflinger_legit
6+ save
6+ save

Back to top Go down

Post  Archon Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 am

That tactic works if I'm facing 1 enemy unit. it falls apart when facing an army. Yes I *could* take out 1 unit but then his other 2(+) units engage mine and I'm done. I think you witnessed that when I got swept by the blood angels.
Kroot are useless. Especially against jump troops. They will just jump over them to get to the squishy firewarriors. And if the kroot assault they will just die.
I understand the "spamming broadsides is bad" but I don't agree with it. Without them I'm not taking out vehicles. Also I don't consider 4 broadsides spam. The crisis suits aren't fast enough to deal with vehicles.
That being said ill work on it Very Happy
Archon
Archon
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Kursid Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 pm

So i dont know much about Tau that would be Doramos who is the Tau man. but below is a link to a unit intense 1500 Tau army with some sound strategy that should solve your problem.

1500 Tau build
Kursid
Kursid

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarel Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Pooflinger_legit wrote:
My advice: Rows of fire warriors. Front row dies (as expected) next 2 - 3 rows or fire warriors shoot killing 6 - 9 marines, and then one less marine troop choice to worry about. Just my thoughts. I know what I fear, and it not the broadsides, it is the 20+ shots of STR 5 attacks... ouch.

Hehe. Sounds fair enough to me. Either you take the shots from the fire warriors and go for somehting else and die or revert your attention to them which is a great decoy. I build my Chaos to try and prevent those things but i could see that challenge soon enough.
Zarel
Zarel
Admin
Admin

http://basementgamers.freezoka.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down